EVENT TODAY! Join us for an Ice Cream Social at Friendlys in Florence, Tuesday July 10th from 4pm-9pm!
Meeting Times for July and August (please note all meetings are held at 140 Pine st. Florence, MA from 7-9pm).
Miscarriage Support Group will meet on July 11th and August 8th.
Bereavement Support will meet July 25th, and August 22nd.
Termination for Medical Reasons Support Group will meet Thursday, July 12, but will not meet in August.
Subsequent Choices will meet July 18th, and will also take a brief hiatus for the month of August.
Saturday, July 28th, 10am-Noon our Parenting After Loss Playdate will meet at a local pool-- bring your suit and towel! Please rsvp to Autumn at 413- 896-5981 for more details ❤️
What We're up to this Summer
We have two wonderful interns this summer: Caia from Mount Holyoke and Lisa from Smith College. We are very excited to have their help! Here are just some of the projects we are tackling this summer:
- Writing our next 3 year strategic plan!
- Compiling information for hospitals and parents about parents' rights to take their baby home for burial. Here is one mom's story of home burial in North Carolina.
- Writing booklet for providers on best practices for supporting bereaved parents
- Creating an online training for medical practitioners based off the 4 hour in-person hospital trainings we currently provide
- Applying to five new grants for Baystate expansion, sibling support, photography equipment, bereavement comfort kits, etc!
- Updating our therapist and doula referral lists
- Printing and distributing Spanish language support literature translated by an Empty Arms parent!